My First Job is a Blast

Three weeks after I graduated from the Digital Design program at VFS, I was very lucky to get a contract job as a Production Designer at Blast Radius. I owe this in large part to the faculty members and mentors at VFS who supported me in my career goals and taught me the necessary steps to achieve them.

Given how much I’ve always admired Blast Radius’ work, I feel like I am exactly where I want to be. Now, I have an opportunity to work where successful campaigns for Nike, Jordan Brand, Roxy, Starbucks and Nivea have been produced.

I am currently working on the Starbucks Holiday campaign, which I’m so excited about. If you have ever been to Starbucks during the winter months, you have no doubt come across their playful and delightful Christmas themes. As a Production Designer on this project, I am responsible for the user interface design, producing such elements as website banners and Facebook tabs. I also get to attend internal and client meetings, understanding and addressing the client’s needs and feedback.

The best part about my job is working alongside a creative director who has given me a significant amount of mentorship. Being immersed in a professional, creative environment, I have gained not only technical abilities but also professional experience.

I never thought that I would be able to work on a large commercial campaign at a global agency so soon out of school, and here I am doing what I love as a career! It is such an incredible opportunity and every day is an extremely valuable learning experience.

Leave Comments