Creative Beginnings : Meet Mehdi

Creative Beginnings Mehdi

April brought in a new, exciting and diverse group of students to join us here at VFS Digital Design! Throughout their program year, OOMPH will be featuring stories about their creative process, their inspirations and their development into Professional Digital Designers.

Creative Beginnings features five students, a different one each week, from a variety of backgrounds, who offer up their initial impressions, their goals, hopes and dreams — and also tell us how they have fun! Follow along as these students develop and grow into the next Industry Creatives. Every Tuesday for five weeks, we will showcase one of them in Q&A format with a photo taken by our very own Danny Chan.

May 22 : Mehdi Nowroozi ponders the mysteries
May 29 : Novita (Vivi) Prasetia knits prospects for her own school

June 5 : Skylar Lange won’t stop analyzing until he gets to the beach
June 12 : Cristina Bucardo shares her passion for art, music and fashion
June 19 : Francois Gauthier mixes up new recipes for Motion Design

Mehdi Nowroozi

Name: Mehdi Nowroozi
From : I am originally from Afghanistan – a peaceful country tucked nicely somewhere in the Middle East.
Background : To make a short story long: I moved here to beautiful Vancouver when I was 7 years old. I have a younger sister and typical “foreign” parents, whom I all love to death. Among other interests, I very much enjoy pondering anything ancient, and pretty much any conspiracy theory worth its name.
My problem is, I want to do 10 different things all at once, and I often spread myself too thin. I’m still super young, so I feel like when the time is ripe, when all is said and done, I will have mastered many skills and be fluent in a new and very much needed “digital language”.

Why VFS?
I chose VFS primarily because I saw what it had done to my friends. They had gone in knowing nothing and walked out with some legit skills.

Three words that describe you
Contemplative. Motivated. Skinny.

Who’s your hero? (Design or otherwise)
Fedor Emelianenko – a humble modern day warrior. I have a photo of him on my desktop.

Three words to describe your VFS Digital Design experience so far
Stoked. Not-stoked. Super-stoked!

What’s the one most important goal for you to accomplish this year?
Work on all weakness especially After Effects.

What has been the biggest surprise?
Being one of the only two Vancouverites in my class.

Who’s the coolest person you’ve met at VFS far?
Lynda …don’t ask

The program year is intense. What’s one thing you’re going to do to keep it fun?
Pray!

Creative Beginnings

Leave Comments