Creative Beginnings : Meet Francois

Creative Beginnings Meet Francois

April brought in a new, exciting and diverse group of students to join us here at VFS Digital Design! Throughout their program year, OOMPH will be featuring stories about their creative process, their inspirations and their development into Professional Digital Designers.

Creative Beginnings features five students, a different one each week, from a variety of backgrounds, who offer up their initial impressions, their goals, hopes and dreams — and also tell us how they have fun! Follow along as these students develop and grow into the next Industry Creatives. Every Tuesday for five weeks, we will showcase one of them in Q&A format with a photo taken by our very own Danny Chan.

May 22 : Mehdi ponders the mysteries
May 29 : Novita (Vivi) Prasetia knits prospects for her own school
June 5 : Skylar Lange won’t stop analyzing until he gets to the beach
June 12 : Cristina Bucardo shares her passion for art, music and fashion
June 19 : Francois Gauthier mixes up new recipes for Motion Design 

Francois

Name: Francois Gauthier

Background: I graduated from a culinary school back in 1997. This led me to work as a chef in restaurants around the world. I finally settled in Whistler, BC. My love for the mountains and snowboarding reinforced that choice. I moved out of the kitchen 9 years ago to become a bartender and bar manager.
Aside from snowboarding, playing tennis and golfing, my latest hobby is to make animations and short films.
5 years from now, I see myself working in the field of Motion Design and having a lot of fun doing it.

Why VFS?
I choose VFS for its reputation, and to meet and collaborate with people that share my passion.

Three words that describe you.
Curious.Thinker. Joyful.

Who’s your hero? (Design or otherwise)
Whoever is coding Cinema 4D and After Effects software.

Three words to describe your VFS Digital Design experience so far.
Knowledge. Excitement. Professional.

What’s the one most important goal for you to accomplish this year?
Making great connections and rendering an impressive portfolio. I see this year as being one long job interview.

What has been the biggest surprise?
How fast I started making connections from other programs and classes.

Who’s the coolest person you’ve met at VFS far?
Kyle Norby
is the coolest for designing a new Motion Design program for us. And for being an enthusiastic instructor.

The program year is intense. What’s one thing you’re going to do to keep it fun?
To treat/splurge myself whenever I feel the need.
creative beginnings

Leave Comments