Creative Beginnings : Seoyoung Seung

Creative Beginnings : Seoyoung Seung

In January 2013, VFS Digital Design greeted another new, excitingly diverse group of students. We’re all looking forward to watching them develop into their professional careers as designers. But first, we’d like to give you a chance get to know some of them a little better in our regular series called Creative Beginnings.

Creative Beginnings features interviews with five new students — a different one each week over a five week period, along with a nice portrait photo taken by our very own Danny Chan  — who tell us a bit about their backgrounds and what their hopes and dreams are.

This week we introduce Seoyoung Seung:

Seoyoung

To start with, can you tell us a bit about yourself?

My name is Seoyoung Seung, I just turned 20, and I’m from Seoul, Korea.

Ever since I can remember, I was passionate about fine arts. I loved to draw and paint. During my secondary school years I was introduced to and captivated by graphic design. I started to develop a keen interest in learning more about this field. Because of my love for art, and since I’ve always enjoyed spending time on Photoshop, I strongly believe that I am perfect for this area of study.

What are your goals, your dreams — where do you want to be in 5 years?

When I complete Digital Design at VFS, I plan on working in the interactive industry to build up my expertise in Vancouver or Korea. I am well aware that my road will take a lot of time and effort, but because of my passion and past experiences, I strongly feel that I will love my work and truly be happy!!! Be brave.

Why did you choose VFS?

I wanted to learn more about digital areas other then graphic design, such as interactive, web or motion design.

Give us three words that describe yourself.

Friendly, Cheerful, and Positive.

Who’s your hero? (Design or otherwise)

My Mom and Dad.

Give us three words to describe your initial thoughts/feelings about being here at VFS Digital Design.

INTENSE, Challenging, and Supportive.

What’s the one most important goal for you to accomplish this year?

The one most important goal is to prepare and create my final portfolio.

What has been the biggest surprise?

Everyone is so talented in their creative area. Also, everyone is always helpful, whether it’s a technical problem during class or a personal problem. I am touched by the teamwork.

Who’s the coolest person you’ve met at VFS far? (Student, Instructor, or whoever)

Keiron Simons. He is a very special person and he encourages me.

The program year is intense. What’s one thing you’re going to do to keep it fun?

Yes, it is tough and intense. I try to keep healthy and enjoy life more. “Carpe Diem”.

Thanks Seoyoung!

Join us again next week when we will introduce you to Ali Lupu

Leave Comments