Interaction12 IxDA Redux Report

Last week (See May 7th post) OOMPH announced that VFS Digital Design was hosting an Interaction12 IxDa Redux event here in Vancouver on May 12, 2012 at the VFS Main Theatre. The event, based on the International Interaction12 Conference featured speakers — Scott Nazarian (Frog Design), Mike Kruzeniski (Microsoft), and Ryan Betts (Adobe) and attendee Haig Armen— along with videos by Adrian Westaway (Vitamins) and Angel Anderson. VFS sent students…

Mr. Bumbel’s Museum Of Toys, by Amrit Pal Singh

Recent VFS Digital Design graduate, Amrit Pal Singh, had his graduate project, Mr. Bumbel’s Museum Of Toys, featured in the Computer Arts’ Daily Inspiration Gallery for Tuesday April 24 2012. The link to his piece is the last thumbnail in the carousel that appears just under the paragraph of text. Here’s how he describes the project: Mr. Bumbelâ’s Vintage Toy Museum is a time capsule, giving future generations the opportu…

A Fresh Start at Tribal DDB

…milar and yet also different experiences. Below are short recollections on our everyday experiences here at Tribal DDB. Benson: I enjoyed working as a Design Intern at Tribal DDB very much. I got the opportunity for Jan-March 2012. It’s really hard to believe that I can get a foot into the industry that fast. As a Design Intern, I helped the designers, art directors and creative directors to execute their ideas and do the production work. S…

Dark Igloo’s Google Building Mural Illustrates Chelsea’s Rich Cultural History

VFS Digital Design Alumnus Mark Miller and his Dark Igloo partner Dave Franzese have had a busy spring so far, what with their branding for the 2012 Bonnaroo and Googamooga festivals, but this one has got to of been a lot of fun. They did the illustrations for a 450-foot-long vinyl mural attached to scaffolding that wraps around Google’s New York headquarters at 111 Eighth Avenue. The illustrations refer to the rich cultural history of the…

Digital Design 21: Appetizers

…aduate projects and put together an industry-ready portfolio. It was a pleasure riding with you guys. Good luck with your careers! We are looking forward in hearing your success stories soon! See photos from Appetizers Spring 2012 in our Experience Section under Digital Design Events!…