Pocket Gamer Connects, the leading mobile games show in the western world is bringing its unique combination of inspirational speakers, grade A networking, and a vibrant expo to the gorgeous city of Vancouver this summer and we’d love you to join us!
Queen Victoria didn’t do things by halves. And neither do we. So in honour of Victoria Day this coming Monday we’re reducing all of our core tickets to PG Connects Vancouver conference on June 28-29.
Just don’t hang about, because this unique offer is both a time- and allocation-limited affair (come May 29th – or sooner if we run out – and it’s all over).
As with every PG Connects show, Vancouver will unite a cross-section of the entire mobile games ecosystem – from independent developers through media, tool makers, and monetisation experts up to the triple-A publishers and investors. We’ll look to span the globe too, with delegates from Asia, North America, Europe and the hottest emerging markets, as well as from across Canada.
There’ll be seven conference tracks to explore, covering everything from global publishing trends and how indies can survive and thrive to fund raising, monetisation and acquisition techniques, practical development workshops, and future-gazing. We’ll also cover VR extensively and be adding a dedicated ‘Made in Vancouver’ track to celebrate the creativity and talent in the BC area.
Previous shows have featured the biggest names from the leading publishers, including Supercell, King, Disney, Rovio, DeNA, Kabam, Glu, Seriously, Gree, and Square through to indie legends like Mike Bithell, Vlambeer, Fireproof, Ustwo, Etermax and countless others.
Ultimately, of course, the most value is in getting business done and we have multiple ways to facilitate networking including a free meeting tool for planning in advance, three dedicated pitch sessions (20/20 SpeedMatch for developers looking for publishers, Big Indie Pitch for upcoming devs to meet media, plus a dedicated investor event), a lively expo area, plus after-hours networking events including the legendary PG party.
Benefits for students
- Learn about the business realities of mobile development and how the industry works
- Pick up practical techniques and strategies for developing mobile games
- Chance to get close to industry professionals and meet people who could potentially offer jobs/future partnership opportunities
- Insight into how the industry works through talks and the report that is published with each ticket
- Meet the media (lots of journalists in attendance + video interviews on site)
- Opportunity to potential pitch (Very Big Indie Pitch)
- Entrance to a high-level event with one very low-priced ticket
Those seven tracks in full
- Indie Futures – A dedicated track for indie developers and how they can survive and thrive in the modern mobile ecosystem.
- East Meets West: Global Mobile Gaming – Exploring the hottest regions, biggest trends, and best opportunities for mobile game publishers today including a focus on eSports and the latest from Asia.
- Future Visions: VR & Beyond – A dedicated track looking at VR (not exclusively mobile) and emerging technologies that will affect the industry.
- Monetise, Retain, Acquire – The latest tips, trends, and techniques in UA and monetisation.
- Mobile Games University – A dedicated track full of practical tips and workshops on everything from creating great ideas to running liveops.
- Show Me the Money – Exploring the different sources and approaches of raising funds, from angels and publisher partnerships to government funding and VCs.
- Made in Vancouver – A dedicated track celebrating the best of Vancouver and British Columbia.
Networking & other key features
- Pitch & Match – Free business matching meeting system for all attendees.
- PGC App – Free app to get updates and connect with other delegates on the fly.
- Big Indie Pitch – Indie developers pitch media and selected experts for prizes and feedback on their upcoming games.
- 20/20 SpeedMatch – 20 publishers, 20 developers, 2 hours, 1 room. 20 Guaranteed meetings for all selected participants.
- Expo Area – Discover games, technologies, services and more.
- I Love Indie Showcase – Up-and-coming indies show off their games in the dedicated expo area.
- PG Party – Let your hair down, get your dancing shoes on, and your business cards out in our relaxed, always-popular after-hours event.
Initial Speakers include:
- Ville Heijari – CMO Rovio
- Phil Hickey – Seriously
- Chris Akhavan – Glu
- Peter Qumsieh – Bandai Namco Studios
- Kent Wakeford – Kabam
- David Phan – Relic Entertainment / Sega
- Nicholas Pezarro – Pocket Gems
- Jikhan Jung – Colopl
- Chris Petrovic – Kabam
- Stuart Duncan – IceJam
- Shum Singh – Agnitio Capital
- Devin Radford – Fox
- Macy Mills – CAA / Hitcents
Plus representatives from EA, Hothead Games, Unity, GameSparks, Roadhouse, Magmix, Eastside Games, Iugo and many more!