Playful Packaging

This being my first class teaching Packaging at VFS, I thought I would give the students a bit of freedom in choosing what they would like to package. There was a range of product, from sophisticated clothing store point of sale bag, box and tag designs, to high end chocolates, tantalizing teas and quirky beer bottles and carriers. It was interesting to see each student’s personality reflected in what they chose to package and in the end result. Target market was well considered, as was shelf presence (where applicable) and impact.

Choice of colour, relevance to product and demographic were all explored and thought through. They learned about die lines, and how things live in the three dimensional world, and the importance of thinking about not only design, but transportation and protection of product, as well as the customer experience and interaction with it after purchase.

There were some outstanding, original results and I was pleasantly surprised by my talented class!

Check out more photos of these amazing packaging projects and the in-class presentations under In The Classroom within the Experience section.

Leave Comments