Behance Portfolio Review at VFS

Behance Poster

The Behance Network, an online portfolio platform, for the first time ever, are organizing Portfolio Review Events around the world. From May 14-21, as part of their mandate, they are supporting in-person critiques. And VFS Digital Design is hosting one of these events on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 in the Design Theatre at 420 Homer, Vancouver.

I first came across the event while I was on Twitter one day. I found a notice that invited people to organize their own event. So, I got in touch with the moderator from Behance and with Digital Design’s Program Manager, Sholeh Atash, and I’m excited and grateful that everything got approved. It’s a great opportunity to meet with people from within the industry and network yourself. Plus, Behance will be giving away 3 months of free ProSite  (the customizable portfolio website on the Behance network) to anyone coming to the event!

behance portfolio review tour banner

The first 30 minutes of the event will be a short meet and greet with other creatives. Then, about 45-60 minutes of portfolio reviews, followed by more mingling with creatives.

I am still looking for 2 or 3 guest speakers who wish to talk about their portfolio. They don’t have to have a Behance portfolio, but some sort of presentation to show would be good. As a token of our appreciation, each presenter will receive an unlimited Prosite account! Plus, I will be handing out Appreciation Coins, specifically minted Portfolio Review Week, to each presenter.

If you feel this is you, please feel free to contact me, Vio (T Sutherland) at nonelite[at]gmail.com. The glory will last 3 short minutes before getting a 5 minute critique from the audience. Remember, your portfolio doesn’t have to be perfect: the idea is to get outside points of view. This is not a competition. It’s a great opportunity to market yourself!

I encourage everyone to come experience the event — don’t miss out!

Leave Comments