Creative Beginnings : Cesar Augusto Martinez Velazquez

Creative Beginnings : Cesar Augusto Martinez

In January 2013, VFS Digital Design greeted another new, excitingly diverse group of students. We’re all looking forward to watching them develop into their professional careers as designers. But first, we’d like to give you a chance get to know some of them a little better in our regular series called Creative Beginnings.

Creative Beginnings features interviews with five new students — a different one each week over a five week period, along with a nice portrait photo taken by our very own Danny Chan  — who tell us a bit about their backgrounds and what their hopes and dreams are.

This week we introduce Cesar Augusto Martinez Velazquez :

Cesar

To start with, can you tell us a bit about yourself?

My name is Cesar Augusto Martinez Velazquez, but just Cesar is ok. I come from México City and I’m 29 years old.

What are your goals, your dreams — where do you want to be in 5 years?

I’ve been a graphic designer since 2007. I studied at the Universidad Tecnológica de México, and actually, I have a lot of passions. Design is one of them, but I also really enjoy making music. I´m an amateur music producer and I really dig early 60s and 70s soul, rock, jazz, garage and lounge music.

I really love design, and I suppose my main dream is to become a successful designer. But another one of my dreams is to become a professional illustrator, and make a living doing drawings and all kinds of commercial and independent illustrations. I have an animation studio in México, so another one of my other dreams is to share all my knowledge with my partners and future employees. I think my perfect future would be somewhere in Spain or Argentina with a couple of franchises of my studio, doing design for all the world.

Why did you choose VFS?

I just looked for the best design and animation schools around the world and VFS fit perfectly for me, because of the location, environment, language etc.

Give us three words that describe yourself.

Passionate. Persevering. Intense

Who’s your hero? (Design or otherwise)

I have a looooooot — Musicians: John Lennon, Beck, Danger Mouse, Billy Childish, etc. Illustrators: Killiang Eng, Tavis Coburn, Jim Flora, etc.

Give us three words to describe your initial thoughts/feelings about being here at VFS Digital Design.

Exciting. Expectation. Professionalism.

What’s the one most important goal for you to accomplish this year?

Improve my skills. Since I already have a designer background, one of the most important things for me is to develop another level of professionalism, and to reach a superior level with my designs.

What has been the biggest surprise?

People.

Who’s the coolest person you’ve met at VFS far? (Student, Instructor, or whoever)

I don’t want to sound cheesy, but everyone seems so cool to me, everyone is so friendly, and as I get more involved with them, they become more warm and friendly.

The program year is intense. What’s one thing you’re going to do to keep it fun?

I don’t know yet. I want to hang out and grab a good beer with good company. I just love being surrounded by talented and funny people.

Thanks Cesar!

Join us again next week when we will introduce you to Emma Frost

And if you missed them the first time around, check out our previous posts:

Leave Comments