Design Career Process : From TV Watcher to Motion Designer

When I was young, I loved to watch television; it really did not matter what was on. My parents told me that I just like to watch and listen to whatever was on television. However, back then I was too young to decide what to do with my future. When I was in high school, I had to think about my career and what I wanted to do and study after I graduated.

I decided to study more about film production, but I did not have any experience or background in this field. I got into the Toronto Film School after I graduated high school. But Film production was very different from what I thought. Therefore, I decided not to spend my time on what I did not want. I went to my home country, South Korea, and there started to find out what I wanted to do. I got a job as a videographer and editor for a promotion company. The reason I got that job is I learned how to shoot and edit basic stuff using Final Cut Pro. As I kept working, I discovered the VFS school website, my co-worker recommended that I take the Digital Design program, and I found out about Motion Design.

One of the lucky things was that VFS has an office in South Korea, so I could save time applying. That is how I got into this school and this program. I don’t have the skills yet to make motion graphics, which requires using After Effects, but I hope to learn as much as I can while I’m here.

In the future, I am not sure what I am going to do, but I want to work as a Motion Designer, and I want to work on things like title sequences, and music video editing. Things can change, but this is my dream vision of my future.

Leave Comments